Becoming a volunteer of Give A Day Foundation is easy. Simply register yourself and create an account by clicking on the Volunteer Application Form link. It does not cost anything and your information will be kept private and secure.
A few things to note before creating your account:
• Your password must be at least six characters.
• You must enter your birthdates in DD/MM/YYYY format.
• The email address you enter will be your username to login in the future.
If during registration you receive a message that your email address is already in use, then click on the LOGIN button at the top right of the page, and enter your email address. If you do not know the password for your account, then click Forgot Password and password reset instructions will be emailed to you.
Does it cost me anything to volunteer with Give A Day Foundation?
No, volunteers are not asked to pay a fee. But did you know that there is a monetary cost to connecting volunteers to meaningful service opportunities? Some of our most committed volunteers are also our biggest individual donors. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support volunteerism and help us reach and help more people.
What are the different volunteer opportunities available?
• Special Events: City, Parks, Schools and Assist at Home projects
• Citizen Projects: Roadway, Lakes and Hospitals
• Non Profits: Food Drives, Thrift Stores and Assist Homes
How much time do I have to commit each month?
It's entirely up to you. Our goal is to make volunteering easy for everyone to fit into their busy schedules, so we offer projects with varying commitment levels. You can volunteer as much or as little as you like based on your availability and interests, you can also buy out volunteer hours, see our donation page fore more detail.
What kind of tools and resources will I have access to as a GADF volunteer?
• You can quickly and easily sign up for volunteer opportunities that need your time, skills, talents, and enthusiasm.
• Give A Day Foundation supplies tools and resources for GADF projects.
• Opportunity details (including directions) are listed in the description next to each project.
• You will receive a reminder email before the project date, once a month then three days before the event.
• You can easily remove yourself from opportunities you are no longer able to attend.
• You can view and modify your personal information including contact information, skills and interests.
• You can easily view your volunteer history and track your hours
After I've created an account, how do I sign up for a volunteer project?
• Log into your Volunteer Information Center using your email address as your login name and the password you have chosen.
• Click on My Schedule located in the blue menu search bar to search for opportunities, choose a day than click the help wanted icon. Click on the blue description next to project for all information needed for that project
• Once you find a project that you'd like to participate in, click on Schedule me to sign up for that project. If you need to remove yourself from any project go to My Schedule click on the project you want to remove then click on the green remove me icon
• If you have questions about the project, you can call the Volunteer Coordinators, their phone number will be listed in the directions section of the description.
• You will receive a reminder email three days before each project you signed up for.
How old do I have to be to volunteer?Because the online privacy of children is important to us, you must be at least 13 years old to register as a volunteer on our website. Although children 12 or younger cannot create an account, several of Give A Day Foundation's volunteer opportunities are open to youth in this age group but they must be accompanied by parent or guardian. All volunteers under the age of 18 must bring an VIP waiver form signed by their parent or guardian with them to the project.